Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rough Start

My intention was to start my program strong on Monday but my body was feeling otherwise. I was exhausted, achy and had some hot flashes. I was also craving sugar. Yay! You ladies know what that means. I managed to get myself to the gym on Tuesday night and did my complete workout. I didn't eat wonderfully but avoided overindulging in sugar. I did have a few dark chocolate covered almonds.

Here is what Tuesdays workout looked like:

Chest/ Triceps/ Cardio

20 minutes Elliptical

DB chest press 3 warm up sets 12 reps, 3 sets to failure in 6-10 reps
Incline bench chest flyes 2 sets to failure in 8-15 reps
Straight arm pull overs 2 sets to failure in 10-12 reps

Superset:
Barbell tricep extensions 3 sets to failure 10-12 reps
Narrow chest press 3 sets to failure

Rope extensions 3 sets to failure in 10-12 reps
Reverse grip single arm extensions 3 sets to failure in 10-12 reps

20 minutes Stationary Bike


Some of you might be wondering what SETS TO FAILURE are. This is a set in which you reach a point of muscle fatigue....you can no longer crank out another rep. In this case I am picking a weight that is challenging enough to fail at the indicated amount of reps. It is important to perform these exercises with perfect form and in a controlled manner. This helps work the muscle effectively.

My eating was all over the place. I didn't do horrible but definitely not as clean and structured as I wanted to. I will get it right..no worries. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!