Thursday, April 17, 2014

Falling In Love


We often spend way too much time hating our bodies, doing exercises we hate and eating boring diet food. We create a negative relationship with the journey we are on. I realized that it is important to love the process.  If we learn to accept our bodies, enjoy what we do and eat healthier versions of the food we like then the results will take care of themselves.

I usually have a plan before I hit the gym but lately I have been asking myself "what do you feel like doing today". While I like to have some structure I leave room for what my body desires. Some days I want to focus more on cardio. Other days I want to lift heavy and do minimal cardio. I tend to listen to body and adjust if needed.

Here is what I did today:

Chest/ Triceps and Cardio

20 minute StairMill Intervals
I alternated between taking every step and then skipping a step and working the glutes with kickbacks. I also went upstairs sideways. There were done in 1 minute intervals.

Superset (warm up)
Barbell chest press 30 lbs 3 sets, 12 reps
Lying tricep extensions 30 lbs 3 sets, 12 reps

Incline chest press 3 sets of 12 reps
Incline chest flyes 3 sets of 12 reps
Straight arm pullovers 3 sets of 12 reps
Incline pushups 3 sets of 12 reps
Plank pull ups 3 sets of 12 reps

Superset:
Reverse grip cable tricep extensions 3 sets of 12 reps
Cable overhead extensions 3 sets of 12 reps

Tricep press downs w/ rope attachment 1 set to failure

30 minute Treadmill Intervals
5 minute warm up @ 3.3 mph
20 minutes jogging intervals: 1 minute walk at 3.3 mph, 1 minute jog at 5.0 mph
(3 intervals at 6.0 mph)
5 minute cool down @ 3.3 mph


Food Journal:

Meal 1: egg white and turkey sandwich
Meal 2: turkey Panini and coffee
Meal 3: 2 chicken breast tenders, salad, 1/2 cup popcorn
Meal 4: veggie wrap and a fruit cup (watermelon, pineapple, green grapes)

That sums up my day. I will see you all tomorrow.

P.S. Feel free to comment, ask questions, offer tips and advice if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!