Monday, April 14, 2014

Room For Improvement

I have been a little late on posting my workouts. I have been doing great with my training but not totally great with my eating. That has always been my area of most resistance. I don't want to get too obsessive with everything from the beginning because I am more likely to wear my body down and get burnt out. I am taking it a step at a time. My eating has not been horrible but it definitely needs to be improved ALOT. I have been eating lots of raw salads and lean protein. My carbs have been minimal. The area I struggle with the most is sweets. I love sugar!!! I am working on it though so I am making progress. :)

I am not sure exactly what I did with the my reps and sets so I am just going to share some of what I did.

Friday: Rest Day

Here is what I did on Saturday:

Legs:
20 minutes Stairmill

Superset:
Barbell squats 3x12, 70 lbs plus bar
Box jumps 3x10

Leg press 3x12, 270 lbs
Single leg press 3x12 (each leg) 90 lbs
Leg extension 3x12, 70 lbs
Leg curls 3x12, 50 lbs
Hip adductor 3x20, 220 lbs


Here is what I did on Sunday:

Bicep/ Triceps:

20 minute Stationary Bike

Barbell curls 20 reps 20 lbs, 15 reps 30 lbs, 10 reps 40 lbs
Incline curls 3x12, 15 lbs
Cable wide curls 3x12, 1 sets 5 lbs, 2 sets 10 lbs
Cable hammer curls w/ rope attachment 3x12
Tricep cable extensions w/ rope attachment 3x12
Reverse grip tricep cable extensions 3x12

20 minutes Elliptical
20 minutes Stationary Bike


Monday: Rest Day

Food:
Meal 1- egg whites, oats w/ banana, almond milk, drizzle of agave
thin slice of bagel with cream cheese
Meal 2- 4 oz chicken breast, salad, 1/4 cup red mashed potatoes
Starbucks Carmel Macchiato w/ soy milk
Meal 3- 4 oz chicken breast, salad, 7.5 fl oz Hansen Mandarin Soda
1 small handful of popcorn

As you can see I am not completely bad but there are areas that need improvement. I didn't need to add agave to my oats, eat the bagel with cream cheese, drink a Starbucks or drink a soda. Hey, I am a work in progress so I will be kind to myself. :) This journey is a marathon NOT a sprint.

Thanks for reading. See you in a few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!