Sunday, April 6, 2014

Let's Get This Party Started

I have decided to document my workouts and food journal with you over the next 12 weeks. I logged my daily activity when I first started my journey a few years ago and found it to be very successful. It helped keep me accountable because I couldn't lie about what I did and didn't do. It also helps to have a reference point to look at as this journey unfolds.

I will be documenting my progress with pictures, body measurements and body fat percentages. I will not be documenting my weight because I don't feel that is a great indicator of progress. I also don't want to become obsessed with my weight because I know how it messes with my mind. I once had a very unhealthy addiction to the scale and I don't want to create that again. I will post updated pics and stats every 2 weeks.

Like I mentioned I will be posting my daily workouts and meals but in no way do I recommend anyone to follow what I am doing. I am adjusting my workouts to my fitness level and my meals to my body's requirements. Everyone is different so always consult a medical professional before starting your own fitness journey.

My first set of progress pics will be taken tomorrow morning before I eat anything to have a more accurate depiction of my starting point. Below is a breakdown of what my first week of workouts and meals will look like. I am excited to get started but even more excited to bring you all along with me.

Ready?!? Let's get this party started.

Week 1

Training Session:

Monday: Legs

Tuesday: Chest/Triceps

Wednesday: Back/Biceps

Thursday: Rest Day

Friday: Shoulders/ Calves/ Abs

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Rest Day

40 minutes of cardio will also be a part of each training session.


Meal Plan:

Meal 1:
protein
carbs

Meal 2:
protein
carbs

Meal 3:
protein
carbs
veggies

Meal 4:
protein
carbs
veggies

Meal 5:
protein
carbs
veggies

Meal 6:
protein
veggies

Post workout: protein shake

This 12 week transformation program focuses heavily on weight training and clean eating. The first phase is about building muscle so keep in mind you will see minimal amounts of cardio. Yes! you see carbs. These muscles need fuel to perform. The key is to eat the right kind of carbs. We will get into that as this program unfolds. I will also be taking vitamins, drinking green juice and drinking 1 gallon of water per day.

Please keep in mind like I mentioned above this is suited to my fitness level and caloric needs. Do not use this as a guide to start your own journey. You must consult a professional to help you create your own custom program.

Thanks for reading. See you all tomorrow.

<3 Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!