Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Evolution

Evolution: the process of growth and development; unfolding.
 

The word EVOLUTION dropped into my spirit a few days ago. I wasn't sure of the complete meaning of it until I took a look back at where I have came from. For those of you familiar with my story you know I have had a long journey of challenges. I don't feel the desire to share all the details because I have moved past that part of my life. From childhood abuse to an adulterous marriage I have pretty much experienced my share of pain.

I know I wouldn't be who I am today without those parts of my life. They helped me develop and grow as a person. They helped mold me into the woman I am today. My daughter reminded me of this today. She said mom "we wouldn't be who we are today if we wouldn't have experienced the things we did. You wouldn't be as loving".

Though I could have hardened my heart I chose to surrender it and allow myself to evolve. Many of us chose to hide behind our pain. We chose to live it day in a day out. We hold onto past experiences and write the story of our future with the pen of our past.  We stay stuck and never fully evolve into the person God designed us to be.

We were created to be so much more than our past. We were created to walk in abundance and prosperity NOT pain and lack. There is an abundance of love, peace and joy for those that move past fear and into faith. This is where I am today. I am moving forward. I am choosing to let go of the pain of my past and fully walk in my calling.

How does this relate to my fitness journey? Well for years I have hid myself from the world. I thought I didn't deserve to be happy and free. I was so identified with what had happened to me that I stayed stuck in the shadows of it. I have spent years wishing, hoping and dreaming but never fully believing that I can achieve success in my life.



While I have overcame several challenges in my life....I have yet to conquer myself. I have yet to rise to the physical challenge of transforming my body. I have met certain goals but never reached my desired destination. Why? I believe it's because I find a certain sense of comfort in the old me. Until you are uncomfortable with being comfortable you will never move from the place you are in. You must be tired of being sick and tired. Your desire to change must be greater than your fear of change. I have feared change because change is uncertain. Change challenges you to move into an unfamiliar territory. It requires you to ditch the anchor and set a new course.

This is me releasing the anchor and RISING TO THE PHYSICAL CHALLENGE. I desire to feel powerful in every way. It's time to fully EVOLVE into the person God designed me to be. I invite you to join me along this journey.

Please feel free to leave comments here on my blog or on my Facebook page. Your love and support is always appreciated. You are welcome to share my posts if you feel someone would benefit from them. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to starting this journey and seeing what God has in store.

<3 Monica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!