Monday, December 31, 2012

Pressing Forward

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 13-:14

If you are anything like me you want to know everything. I am bit of a perfectionist. I like to have everything in order. I want to know how things works and why they work. I have a hard time letting go and letting someone else take control.

This scripture reminds me that I don't have to know how everything is going to work out. It doesn't matter if it didn't work before. My past failures don't determine my future successes. I can start over again.

I have to let go of what is behind and press towards the calling God has placed on my life. I don't have to know the how's, when's and why's. I just have to walk by faith and believe that He is in control and He knows what is best for me.

I ask you all the do the same. Let go of the past and press towards the high calling God has placed on your life. That calling has nothing to do with your own abilities. It has everything to do with the power of God that is working through you.

As you surrender your own will and walk according to God's perfect plan you will begin to see the manifestations of God. God will unlock doors that you never thought would be opened. You will see His glorious light illuminate the darkest places in your life.

That dream that you thought was dead will breathe a new life. Put your hopes in God...put your faith in God and believe in His promises. If He said it....then it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!