Thursday, December 13, 2012

Step Into My World

I wanted to bring you into my world for today so you can get to know me better. Instead of just reading inspiring blogs I want you to understand who I am and what I do. I am pretty sure you have met my spiritual side but now it's time to meet my natural side..LOL!

Although I tend to be really serious when I write on this blog  I am pretty silly in person. I like to keep things light and definitely positive. I love to read, write and workout. My favorite thing to do is spend time with my family and friends. That mostly includes my daughter, mom, my best friend and her kids, nephews, mother in law, brother and grandmas.

I am married but have lived separate from my husband for about 11 years now. We are working things out and letting God have His way....we will just leave it at that for now. :) So needless to say I pretty much assumed the responsibility of being a single mom to my 13 year old daughter.

She is the star in my sky and I love her more than the air that I breathe. She brings so much joy to my life. When I feel like giving up she is always there to encourage me with her love and powerful words of wisdom. She is way beyond her years when it comes to her spirit. We have spent many days and nights just talking about life. I don't know where I would be without her. My heart melts just thinking about her.

As you may know by reading my blogs and following my Facebook page I am extremely passionate about health and wellness. Even when I was overweight I knew that one day I wanted to be a personal trainer. There is something powerful about having the ability to change someone's life. My desire to empower people and myself lead me to study plantbased nutrition and also become a certified fitness instructor. I now work at a gym where I train clients one on one.

My vision is not just to change someone's body but also transform their entire life by awakening them to their true nature. From my own personal experience I know how amazing it is to have someone supporting your journey and rooting for you. Someone that not only has been there but has overcame. I didn't have that so I want to be that "someone" for others.

My hearts desire is to share my ups and downs with the world  and help inspire others to become who God created them to be. I can see such amazing things coming from that. I am confident that this is my calling and purpose in life.

Although I have already overcame so much in my life I know there is still room to grow. At no time do I ever feel like I am self sufficient. I know that I only exist because of God's grace and mercy. Only He knows how many times I wanted to give up...how many times I cursed at Him....how many times I questioned whether He was real. I am forever grateful for the unconditional love He shines into my dark places. I am forever grateful for everything He has done and will do for me.

I know that I can trust Him with my life. I know that His plans for me are great. They are greater than my highest expectation. So because I know that I know I can't do this on my own.  I surrender my will to His will. I dedicate my life to His service and give Him all the glory for this life He has given me.

Without getting into all the details of my life I will just tell you that I have experienced child abuse, abandonment and infidelity. I have lost loved ones, my job, my home, my car and have watched loved ones battle life threatening diseases. I am not saying I have gone through more than anyone else. I have just experienced life and all it's ups and downs like you have. I understand what it is to be lost, depressed, frustrated, scared, out of control, rejected and hurt.

The beautiful thing is that I don't regret anything I went through. I know that everything had a purpose. It awakened and transformed me. It taught me and strengthened me. I can now use my pain to fuel my passion and help others along their own journey's.

I am extremely passionate about helping others. During my darkest moments I asked God to use my pain to save others. I wanted to be an example, an inspiration and a testimony. I wanted other women to gain strength from my weak moments and power from my fears. I want to empower women to be all that they were created to be. I want them to strip away the labels and walk in freedom. I want them to love themselves and share that love with the world.

I feel we each have a purpose...something we were created to do. We all have something to give the world. We all have a light within that can illuminate the darkness. As each of us awakens to that truth and begins to move forward in their calling  I believe this world will also awaken and begin to heal.

I pray that this blog and my Facebook page not only inspire you but makes you get up and move. I hope it gives you that extra push you need to get out of your comfort zone and pursue your dreams. If I can be of any encouragement or assistance please don't hesitate to contact me by private messaging me on my Facebook page or emailing me at temple.fitness@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!