Thursday, December 13, 2012

My World Part 2

Hey, I have been going like crazy lately. This month has been full of exciting things. Since starting my personal training position at the gym I have had some pretty long days. Now that I am nailing down my own personal training schedule my days are going to get a lot longer.

My day typically goes like this:

4:30am- wake up, get ready for gym, eat pre-workout meal (oatmeal, banana, cinnamon, almond milk)
5:00am- drive to gym
5:15-6:45am- my own training session
7:00-8:50am- get daughter ready for school, make breakfast and lunch for both of us, pick up house, get ready for work.
9:00am-3:00pm- work at full time job ( When I am not busy I take this time to update my Facebook and blog since I don't have a working computer at home right now.)
3:00pm-4:30pm- get daughter situated at home, start homework, make dinner or snack for daughter, eat one of my meals, run errands if needed.
5:00pm-8:00pm -train clients at gym and hang out at gym for potential clients
8:20pm-10:00pm-  cook and eat dinner, help daughter finish homework and get stuff ready for next day, pick up house, do laundry if needed and try to unwind before I go to bed.

So that pretty much sums up my day during the week. I am not at all stressed but I am definitely busy. I am sure it will be even more cray cray (crazy) when I get more clients. I am working on creating some special packages and deals to promote my services and increase my clientele. I am very optimistic about my plans and can't wait to share my success with you all when my business starts growing.

I am still trying to eat healthy and workout. I can't neglect my own goals. More than ever before I must be on top of my game because I have to be an example. I can't train clients on how to be their best and I am not my best. So I created a workout and nutrition program for myself to help me reach my goals once and for all.

Today was a leg day and I did the following routine:

5 minute warm up on Elliptical

Leg Circuit-
Weighted barbell squats 10x3
Leg press 10x2, set 3 to failure
Hack squat 10x2, set 3 to failure
Leg extensions 10x2, set 3 to failure
Lying leg curls 10x2, set 3 to failure
Traveling lunges 30x2

After performing 3 circuits of the above I did this circuit:
Single leg dead lifts with dumbell 10x3 each leg
Step ups with dumbells 10x3 each leg (Grrrrr these where killers for sure. Now I know why my client groans when she has to do them! Sorry Brit!)
Jump squats 10x3

I also did 15 minutes of moderate intensity cardio on the stationary bike followed by a stretch.

I am pretty sure I will need the assistance of the sink to sit on the toilet tomorrow. :) I sure did beat up my legs. I tried to go as heavy as I could without compromising form or feeling joint pain. I tend to feel a little strain on my left knee if I use too much weight on some of these leg exercises.

Here are some pics:

Me today at the gym getting ready to squat. It was cold outside so I had on two hoodies. :) I like to sweat!


I have been pretty much sticking to eating like this during the day. Here is meal #2, #3 and #4.
Meal #2- salad with tofu, avocado, mixed greens, pico de gallo, and apple cider vinegar
Meal #3 and #4- tofu, sweet potato, broccoli and pico de gallo


Here is another meal I had this week.
Tofu with zucchini, onions and mushrooms w/ some sweet potato


And finally here is a picture of me taken Tuesday. :)
I tried to let my hair grow out but caved in a month ago and cut it.
I love my short hair. Not sure if I will try to grow it out ever again.

Sorry for such a small pic but it was taken on my phone and for some reason it uploaded this small.



My typical day of meals goes like this:

Pre workout: oatmeal, banana, cinnamon, almond milk
Post workout: tofu, sweet potato, veggies and avocado. Sometimes if I am really hungry I include a Nutriblast: greens, 1/2 small orange, small piece of apple, cucumber, celery and water.
Meal #3 & #4: tofu, veggies, sweet potato
Meal #5: This is where we get into trouble sometimes. I haven't been doing good with dinner because I have been so busy so I usually eat whatever I made my daughter or have some cereal. Some days I am not hungry and just have some steamed veggies. Since it was my birthday on Tuesday I did have some cake that night. I just ordered some protein powder so I have something to drink even if I am not in the mood to eat. I am also going to start premaking my dinners so they are ready to  eat at the gym or when I get home from the gym.

There you go. That is what I have been up to lately. See I am a normal human being like you!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the hair cut! And your perfectly sectioned storage containers.

    I replied to one of your comments on WIOG a little while ago, and asked if you wouldn't mind guest posting. Not sure if you got it, but I wanted to follow up. We would love to have you write a fitness related piece from the point of view of a personal trainer. Email me if you are interested kimberly@workitoutgurl.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberly, I just responded to your request via email. I would love to do a guest post. Thanks so much for that honor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!