Monday, December 31, 2012

My Fast

Ladies I have so much to share. My heart is full today. First of all  I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey. I have no doubt that God has lead me to do this fast. I have endured many roadblocks along the way. I know God has the victory so I didn't allow them to get in the way of what God has already ordained.

During the last few days I have been seeking God for His wisdom. I have been praying for each of you and asking God to let me be a vessel and bring forth whatever words you may need during this time. This fast is not at all about me and really it's not about you. It's about God.

We are taking this time to surrender our will and prepare ourselves to manifest the will of God. God has a specific plan for each of our lives. He knows why He created us and why we have had to endure everything we have endured up until this point.

Nothing has been an accident. You were not a mistake. Nothing that has occurred has been a surprise to God. He knows our hearts above all things. He is not concerned with our mishaps or in betweens because He knows our end. He has a plan for us and it far supersedes our highest expectations.

I know during the darkest times in my life I felt lost. I was unsure of my place in this world. I prayed and cried for God to reveal my identity to me. I wanted to know who I was beyond everything that had happened to me. I had identified myself as the victim, the abused child and the wife that was cheated on.

I was so consumed with my past that I was afraid to live my future. I was filled with anxiety and fear. I didn't know how to overcome my emotions and claim my rightful place in this world. I let everything I had went through keep me bound. Like shackles the adversities in my life kept me limited.

In the midst of my disparity God lead me to read a book that forever changed the way I thought of myself and life. I began to understand that I wasn't my life. I wasn't the things that happened to me. As I began to strip away the labels and layers I began to see myself as God created me to be. LIMITLESS and FREE!

Meditation played a huge role in my transformation from victim to victor. I would sit in a room and just focus on my breath...letting go of every thought that once defined me and limited me. You see what we focus most on in our lives we give center stage to. If you focus on the drama then your life is filled with it. If you focus on peace then your life is filled with it.

Your thoughts are the seeds that ultimately bring forth the harvest. Our minds are incubators. We can't manifest greatness if we are thinking negative self defeating thoughts. Meditation helps us to center ourselves and release those thoughts that no longer serve us. We learn to shut up the whining and complaining and give our dreams a voice again.

While I am so much further in my journey than I was a year ago I still have things to overcome. I am still learning how to love and accept my body. I am learning how to release my insecurities and embrace my power. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have been called to do amazing things in this life for the glory of God. I have chosen to answer that call and prepare myself for the assignment.

I owe everything I am to God. I know that He is the very breath that I breathe. He is the source of my existence. Without Him I am nothing therefore I surrender myself and consecrate myself. I am dedicated to His glory. I set myself a part and focus my eyes on the prize.

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!