Wednesday, January 2, 2013

He Knows Me



"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV)

"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15-16 (NIV)

To know someone is to be intimate with them. To know there innermost thoughts. To understand how they work...what makes them tic.....what moves them.

God's knows us. Before He formed us....created us.....He knew us. He was intimate with our spirit because we are a part of Him. He put His spirit in Earthen vessel. He formed us from the earth and breathed life into us.

He created us unique to our calling. Everything that we are. Everything that we do is for His glory. That truth is so beautiful to me. Every time I read those scriptures I get chills up my spine.

When I thought I was nothing, worthless, unlovable....God said I was His. He claimed me when no one else wanted me. When the world turned their back on me God turned my face to Him. He revealed His glory. He awakened me to my identity. He showed me that He loved me.

There is nothing in this world that I want more than to awaken people to that truth. Many of us are searching and searching for a truth that is already within us. We try to fill the voids in our lives with food, unhealthy habits and temporary fixes. The only thing that will ever fill that emptiness is God's love.

To know Him....to be intimate with Him and understand who He is and who He is in you is the most liberating thing in this world. It releases you from unrealistic expectations....those that tell you that you can only be something if you do something. It releases you from those self defeating thoughts that say you can't because of who you are or what you did.

Those are lies. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. With His power working through you you can defeat every adversity. His stripes heal you. His love sets you free. There is nothing in this world that can define you. You are His and He is unlimited.....therefore you are unlimited.

Every dream you have....every hope you wish...they can also come true. You can reach higher, be great, walk in authority and have what He promised you. Let do this! It's time to be all that HE created you to be. It's time to see yourself as HE sees you.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!