Monday, January 28, 2013

Screching Halt

This weekend was a crazy one to say the least. I attended my grandmother in law's funeral Friday and later that night my mother was hospitalized after falling from the stairs in my house. I have spent the entire weekend since Friday at the hospital with her.

For most this might just be a little bumps and bruises accident but for my mom it was devastating. While she is not old in age she has endured some very serious medical conditions in her past. She was diagnosed 6 years ago with a cancerous brain tumor. After a surgery, chemo and radiation she beat the cancer but the trauma took a toll on her body.

She has suffered from memory problems since then and also has mobility and stability issues. This fall for her has just made the situation worse and she now has to start recovering all over again. It has been a very exhausting process because we are also dealing with insurance issues. She is unemployed and does not have medical coverage at this time.

I am the oldest child and have been trying to take care of all these issues for her. I will most likely have to put my workouts on hold for a week until I can get some more rest. The last thing I need is to run my body down and get sick. I will still stay on top of my food the best I can even though my appetite isn't that great.

I have been eating lots of hospital food during the day and at night I am too exhausted to eat so I just go to bed. I will do my best to stay active one way or another, rest, and take my vitamins to make sure my immune system is strong.

As soon as I am able to I will be back to blogging my food and workouts and sharing my passion with you all. Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated at this time. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I prayed for you last night and I will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you prima. They are felt and appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my prayers, Monica! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The studio maintains a broad portfolio of projects
    including residential and commercial design, office planning, hospitality, retail and health care facility design.
    The matter is that there are special architecture firms
    as well as specialized design institutions which tend to offer higher and more stable salaries.
    This is one of the most popular interior design ideas, and is
    currently very much in demand.

    My weblog christmas interior decor ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!