Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Survival Kit

I wrote this post about a year ago on another blog I had. I was reminded of it this week when I saw my daughter packing a survival bag. I know she was just being silly but it brought light to some issues going on in my life. God used that metaphor to speak to my heart and help me release some things I was holding onto.

I realized that when something painful or disappointing happens in my life I tend to create a survival kit. I think of ways to handle my pain instead of depending on what God has already placed within me.

Every promise He has ever made will come to pass. No matter what the external circumstances look like I must rest in the truth. I must hold onto my faith and remember that God is in control. He has the ability to calm the storm even when I am afraid to get out of the boat.

No matter how much I tremble in fear. No matter how much it hurts. No matter what I lose in the process. I must trust the Lord with all my heart and not lean unto my own understanding. I must acknowledge Him in all His ways and believe that His perfect plan is unfolding as it should.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew 6
25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Along this journey of life we tend to get knocked down at times. Many of us live day to day just trying to survive after heartbreak or disappointments. Whether they be from failed relationships, economical issues, unemployment, or other adversities. We tend to have our way of coping and dealing with these issues.

At times we may feel like we struggle to breathe or find a way to keep going. We search for ways to strengthen our faith or look for something to give us hope.

We often ask "when are things going to change?" "When will my promise come to pass?" "Can my dreams or the visions I hold close to my heart really manifest?"

I have been there. I have struggled to live each day while holding onto my faith, my mind, my heart and soul. At times I have considered letting go and just forgetting everything God has promised me.

At times I feel like the dreams I have for myself will never come to pass. I worry, I stress and sometimes I am down right angry and frustrated. I have served God with all my heart and I wonder at times if my labour..my pain...has been in vain.

I have built up walls, dug trenches, and created coping mechanisms to get me through some pretty rough times. I have used food, relationships and emotions to fuel my journey.

I have been in survival mode. Maneuvering my way through life just trying to make it day by day. Not really sure of what is coming but just walking by faith.

I had my go to bag...or what others might call a bag of tricks. I call it a survival kit. I have carried this heavy bag for over 10 years.

I am letting it go. I no longer hold onto the fear of being hurt, rejected, disappointed or failing. I live for the now. I live in the very breathe and heartbeat of God. I am dependant on His word to get me through the day. I am nourished by His truth and sheltered by His love.

I am no longer just trying to survive. I am living and loving this life that God has designed for me. I now realize that everything I need to make it through this journey is inside of me.

I have been equipped for the journey. I am not just meant to survive but to live abundantly and forever live in the promises of God.

God is my "lifeline"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!