Monday, September 24, 2012

Perfected In His Love

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

For so long I struggled with fear. The fear of being replaced. The fear of pain. The fear of being who I am called to be.

What a big task to take on your fears and walk in the fullness of who you are! It is not an overnight process nor does it ever end. We are always on a constant journey to know who we truly are at the depth of our core. Sure we can know where we came from and who the author of our life is but many of us struggle with knowing the power we have.

We have been conformed by the circumstances in our lives. We have been conditioned to believe that we are powerless to the forces that come against us. Where do we go? How do we continue to live with the shackles that have kept us bound for so many years? When does the pain stop and when does the fear let us breathe?

When do we stop walking through the "valley of the shadow of death" and stop fearing the "evil" that is lurking behind every corner? When does our situation start lining up with our revelation? How do we live, breathe and have our being in God but struggle with accepting ourselves? How do we manage the stress, anxiety, depression and fear and continue to walk in the joy of the Lord? How do we praise Him when we question if "HE" really exists?

All these questions are so very real to me because I had them all. I knew in my heart that God was real. I knew that He created me and designed me for His glory but I still had trouble convincing my mind of that truth. I had trouble understanding and accepting that my life was not really my life.

Everything I had experienced, felt and endured was not about me. It wasn't personal. It was KINGDOM. It was about God's calling and purpose. It was about Him doing in me a thing that had never been seen before. Does that mean that no one had encountered the things I had or that no one had experienced my kind of pain? No. It means that I was uniquely made and my life was orchestrated in such a way that was customized to my calling and purpose.

So I couldn't walk and fashion myself as others. I had to walk and breathe my own truth. I had to learn to love and accept who I was because it was wonderful. I am fearfully made in the image of God. God is a God of purpose. If He created me then I have purpose. I have a calling that is specific to a need. There are  people that need to hear my story. There is a nation (group of people) that needs to be released under the sound of my voice.

The same truth is for you. We are each designed and created for a specific need. We each have a time in which we are prepared, strengthened and released. We are each uniquely and intricately designed to bring forth a word of power and hope. No one and nothing can do what you have been created to do.

A seed shall fall and spring forth a harvest when your lips profess the beauty of God's word. You have been created for such a time as this. This is not a tomorrow word or yesterday word. This is a word that shall take root in your heart now. Let it flourish and carry forth what it was called to manifest.

As we begin to set each foot in front of the other we will be perfected in God's love. We will begin to see the truth in each and every trial, circumstance and storm that has been before us. They have no power over the calling that God has placed on your life. The only truth is that you are loved....that you are created by Him...and in Him you are established.

Perfected: complete and whole: complete and lacking nothing essential

When you know that you have been designed and created by God you understand that you lack nothing. You are complete and whole. You are not broken or defeated because of your past. You are strong, powerful and ready for what you have been equipped to perform in this season.

Everything you have endured has only been a catalyst to get you to this place in your life. This place in which you are seeking your truth. This place in which you are looking for answers. Ready and surrendered to what ever it is that you need to do to walk in the fullness of your Being.

Nothing and no one can take away from what you are. You are perfect! Perfected in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!