Monday, September 17, 2012

I Can ONLY Be Me

"I can never deny where it all started and what motivated me to make a change. The minute I think I don't need it to keep me inspired is the moment that I fall back into the old me". ~Me. #getbacktothetruth #neverforget #don'tconform
Temple Fitness's mission is to help inspire and motivate people to live their best lives through educating them about fitness and nutritional as well as mental and spiritual health. Although God in my life I don't exclude non believers from my mission. I believe we are all equal and I am not limited by my beliefs.
Many would consider me a Christian but like I have said in a previous post I don't like labels. Not because I want to deny what I am or because I am ashamed of what I believe in but because labels tend to define and put people in boxes. I love God and give Him all the glory for who and what I am. I thank Him for and acknowledge His grace in my life because I know what I could have been without Him.
Believing in God doesn't mean I am defined nor limited by any religious beliefs. It just means that I acknowledge the source of my existence and have a strong relationship with it. I know that my faith and belief in God has been my source of strength.
I don't believe God is a separate entity from myself. I believe that God lives within me and that everything He says I can do..I will do! The battle I fight everyday is bringing my body and mind under subjection to that spirit. I must break free from the stereotypes and limitation I have placed on myself. I must transform my mind daily and renew my spirit by refreshing it in  the truth of God's word.
I am by no means religious. What I mean by that is that I don't defend my beliefs as being the only truths in life. Many Christians would have a hard time understanding that and say that I am not a Christian. That is the same reason I don't place that label on myself in the first place. I am not saying that I don't believe in the truths I have been taught but I have some issues with ideologies.
Without diving further into that discussion I just want to speak my truth. I live a truth that leads me to a peace within my own heart. In no way do I try to offend anyone's beliefs nor do I try to convince anyone of my beliefs or truths. My mission in life is to live my own truth and share it with who ever God puts in my path to hear it. If it rings truth to them or points them in the direction of their own truth then my job is done.
Just as I can't make anyone eat healthier and lift weights neither can I make anyone conform to my beliefs. In saying all this I just wanted to express how I am feeling at this moment. I initially started my Facebook page with the intent to share nutrition and fitness information but soon my spirit took over. I started leaning more towards what my heart was saying and not just my mind.
I noticed that I may have lost some followers but I am okay with that. I am not trying to save the world. I am simply trying to make my world and others lives a little better by sharing my dreams and passions. I can never neglect, compromise or forget who I am to please others. That would be like putting a cap on my potential.
I know I was created for something greater than I even thought for myself. Not because I am more special than anyone else but because my heart is open and surrendered. I don't have a set agenda. I have a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!