Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why Temple Fitness?

I can never deny where I came from and where the journey began. My weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey began after struggling with my weight for several years. I decided to make some changes after coming to the realization that I was the Temple of God. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own" 1 Corinthians 6:19.

While I don't claim to be religious I am faithful to my beliefs. I lean more towards the spiritual side of life and honor my commitment to God. I acknowledge His presence in my life and do my best to live true to myself.

So Temple Fitness is my way of honoring my beliefs while trying to lose weight, stay healthy and be fit. It's about a total body, mind and soul transformation. You can't take care of one and not the other.

This blog is in no way religious nor does it exclude anyone from reading it. I welcome everyone to read, share, and be a part of this blog. Temple Fitness is about helping others achieve their best lives by becoming more conscious of their identity and learning to love themselves. It is about learning about your body, mind and soul and learning how to take care of them.

My hopes and dreams are that Temple Fitness would be the platform from which dreams and goals are reached. While there are many diet and workout routines on the market this is not one of them. I understand that transformation starts from within.

You can't address the weight until you acknowledge how it got there. Many of us don't struggle with our weight because we just love food and don't like to exercise. Some of us have much more deep rooted issues. We use food to numb us, hide us and satisfy us. We use food as a drug or therapy.

While I have not went to school to learn this I have learned enough from my own experiences to share and inspire others. I would hope that you stick around and return to this blog over and over. I would also hope that you would share this blog and my Facebook page with your friends and loved ones.

If you ever need support, advice or just and ear to hear your worries and concerns please feel free to email me at temple.fitness@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my journey and showing your love and support!